JAN-FEB 2007 MY INDIA TRIP

Just wanna share:

- :( Bad experience on 04JAN07, my 1st day in Mumbai, while arranging for prepaid taxi, the sickening counter guy never moved his eyes away off my boobs area till I walked away.

- ;) Compared to Singapore guys, ‘angmohs’ are more caring and generous in complimenting.

- :) ‘sweet’ smiles... brought a packet of lollipops to give to the children when walked from the ashram to the main road with Tan on 05FEB07, ‘u happy i happy’ ;)


- :) a photo shot, a genuine smile.


- :( Bad experience on 10FEB07 night, we got molested when roaming in the Pink City. A passerby touched ST’s shoulder and another passerby spread out his hand when walking closer towards me. Luckily I was alert enough to push his hand away. Guess this is why we see almost no Indian lady on the street in the Pink City.

- :( Do check your bills before payment. Besides the case which I’ve mentioned in my post for 09FEB07, on 11FEB07 a room-service staff tried to up the price of the items we ordered and claimed that the ‘revised-price menu’ is not ready. When we said we won’t pay till we see the new menu, he came back with revised bill and asked for tip instead.

- :) On 11FEB07 in Birla Temple, a group of about 10 children saw us, ‘queued up’ to shake hand and say hello to us. They were so happy when we greeted them ‘Namaste’.

- ;) ST said I should remove my ‘blockade’ which I don’t think it exists.
[Hey my friends out there, let me know if you think the ‘blockade’ is there hor, hahaha……]
ST said on 14FEB07 in Taj Mahal, when our young local guide said he is happy to spend the Valentine’s Day with me in Taj and when he asked for my email address so that he can send me many messages, I returned with no reaction.

- :( On 14FEB07 in Sikandra, a ‘guide’ came to us and started providing us with info. When ST gave him INR10 tip, he requested for more and said he saw ST gave another ‘guide’ INR50 tip. ST, by mistake, gave that other ‘guide’ who ‘echoed’ in the dome INR50 tip :) As usual, ST was in-charged of tipping, I hate doing this chore.

- ;) On 15FEB07 while walking up the stairs in Jama Masjid, a young Indian chap walking down towards me and said ‘hey lady, nice figure’. Hahaha his ‘eyes pasted with stamps’? or in Indian standard, my ‘pui pui’ is considered nice hahaha……

- ;) Indian guys urinating at roadsides can commonly be seen in Jaipur & Delhi. Guess this explains why the Foreign Indian Workers urinate anywhere in Singapore. BTW there are many beggars on the street, lodging in train station or roadside at night. Can you imagine, those Foreign Workers who can afford to work in Singapore (be it on heavy loan for such opportunity) are much much well off compared to those I saw on the street?

- ;) The strategy that we adopted was to make ourselves appeared as ‘difficult to handle’ people so that the local will not take advantage of us. Hahaha… our driver (for the first five days) was so shocked when we gave him INR600 tip and our driver for the last day was so happy when we gave him INR120 tip.

I think the essence of staying happy in any trip is to expect the unexpected and learn to laugh about it.


My 'YOGA experience' in India – Enlightenment? (not taught or no emphasis in Singapore)
- 4 initial positions – Supine, Prone, Sitting & Standing. (Supine – lying on your back ; Prone – lying on your stomach)
- Changing from one initial position to the other in a smooth and systematic manner.
- Sequences – Initial Prayer, Preparatory Movements, Sun Salutation, Supine Position Asanas, Prone Position Asanas, Sitting Position Asanas, Standing Position Asanas, Pranayama, Final Prayer.
- About 8 minutes of relaxation for every hour of Yoga Practice [split into 4 times of Shavasana (Corpse) / Makarasana (Crocodile)]
- Taking and releasing the position in a systematic way.
- Slow and smooth movements, no jerks.
- Synchronize breathing with physical movements. Exhaling when doing downward movements and vice versa. Normal breathing when there is no movement.
- For women, no Yogasana Practical during menstrual period because nearly a quarter to half a litre bleeding takes place and there are certain inner physical changes. (Ironically enough, I was menstruating on the day of the final practical exam, yet had to do the Yogasana. ‘BoBian’ hahaha……)

No comments: