108 SUN SALUTATIONS!

Don’t limit your challenges, challenge your limits!
At sunrise on Wednesday, 05 MAR 2008, by the river Ganga in Rishikesh, India, I will join a group of over 250 people in Union to complete 108 sponsored Sun Salutations, raising money for children in need. I have chosen the IHRF education project as my charity partner to help raise money for life changing education projects for children in need in India.
This event is part of the International Yoga Festival which I am attending in Rishikesh, India during the first week of March 2008. The 108 Sun Salutations is going to be a REAL challenge for me! Please support me and sponsor me for this challenging attempt.
I am trying to raise as much money as I can for this great cause. Please click on this link to visit my very own fundraising page to find out all about it. Please dig deep to sponsor me. It only takes a few seconds.
You can visit my Hero Page at http://www.everydayhero.com.au/CathyHow

My Hero Page as at 10FEB08 Sunday 10pm:

A BIG thank you to my friends who have donated.
A BIG thank you to my friends who have not donated, but will soon be donating.
A BIG thank you to my friends who have/will spread the word.
A BIG thank you to my friends who will join me in spirit on 05MAR08 while I do the 108 Sun Salutations! ;)

Spread the word and send to as many people as possible.

Thank you for your support.

urm... what is Sun Salutation (aka Surya Namaskara)?
Surya Namaskara is a common sequence of Hatha yoga asanas. This sequence of movements and poses can be practised on varying levels of awareness, ranging from that of physical exercise in various styles, to a complete sadhana which incorporates asana (posture), pranayama (breathing), mantra and chakra meditation (chanting).
The physical base of the practice links together twelve asanas in a dynamically performed series. These asanas are ordered so that they alternately stretch the spine backwards and forwards, with alternate inhalation and exhalation (except for the sixth asana where the breath is held in external suspension). A full round of Surya namaskara is considered to be two sets of the twelve poses with a change in the second set to moving the opposite leg first through the series.
Before this, the most I've done is less than 30, far less than the 108 Sun Salutations. To prepare myself for this challenge, I've done:
04FEB08 MON 5:15am - 32 Sun Salutations over 3 intervals
06FEB08 WED 7:15pm - 54 Sun Salutations over 5 intervals
07FEB08 THUR 9:45am - 54 Sun Salutations over 3 intervals

To gradually build up my stamina, I will try to do 54 Sun Salutations over 3 intervals at least 3 times a week... Please support me!

1 comment:

Danny, Cindy & Chloe KWEK said...

Cathy, tomorrow's the BIG day !!

加油! 加油!! 加加油!!!

Supporting you all the way...