14 NOV 2007 WED - THYROID FOLLOW-UP @SGH

Went SGH for follow-up on my Thyroid Nodule. Dr Dennis Lim said my thyroid nodule is not cancerous. It did not 'come back' after the draining. So to follow-up in 6 months time for observation for changes in size.

Asked him if it's ok if I miss the follow-up, told him about my India yoga trip in MAR-APR08 and not confirmed China posting from MAY08. He said as long as the nodule does not come back and no new lump, it's ok. He asked me to email him should I observe any changes while in overseas.

BTW, I may take up China posting again after my India trip. I have been declining overseas posting as I want to personally handle my parents' medical follow-ups. Last month I had an offer which can give me more home-trips. It's like 一言惊醒梦中人 though I'm not sure if such arrangement is workable. Thereafter, instead of rejecting overseas posting, I will ask if more home-trips can be arranged. 'Heng heng' got another one asked me to contact him when I'm back from India. Well still got half a year from now, let nature takes its course.

No comments: