11 APR 2006 TUE (A) - NEPAL, POKHARA (LAKESIDE-TREK-SARANGKOT)

6:45am Breakfast time...
Toast, potato, egg, plain porridge (oats) and hot chocolate.
7:15am View from roof-top restaurant where we had our breakfast.

7:30am We began our trek for the day... ST & I each carried a backpack, a small sling bag and a gift bag plus 1 bag with both our sleeping bags (Our guide, Mr Pemba offered to carry that for us).

7:51am "Blockade" by Maoist... stones
7:53am The ascending point is behind these houses.

8am The trek began easy enough, after half an hour, we arrived at the ascending point. View of ...
Phewa Lake
Plantation
8:06am
8:15am It's getting hot, a guide started taking off his shirt.
ST (below) & I (above) after half an hour of walk & 15min of ascending, so far so good. That's Pemba (in blue t-shirt) behind me with our sleeping bags in his right hand.

8:31am
"chuan" ah....
9:38am Phewa Lake

9:39am After 1 hour of ascending, both my feet became numb…I was feeling a bit discouraged and the negative thought of aborting the trek kept disturbing me. But I managed to overcome it, thanks to ST for the encouragements plus massaging for me even when she was struggling the trek and to Pemba for gallently taken over my backpack. :( I'm obviously not as fit as I think I am!
We have to conquer this...
9:56am "Namaste" is the friendly greetings you can hear everywhere in Nepal. It's especially sweet from the mouth of the children in the village... That's me distributing our little gift for the children...


10:04am A typical porter with the loads.

10:13am I was as "chuan" as the dog though not hanging out my tongue hei hei hei...... hahaha…
10:35am
10:36am Did you notice the girl behind eating a lollipop? ST emptied a packet of lollipops here (for about 10 children). "Day-light-robbery" as claimed by an angmoh. From this point, ST decided that she'll leave the gift/sweet distributing chore to me.
10:38am
10:45am This shy young lady followed quietly behind us after her younger brother dashed home to show her our gift. Of course we're more than happy to give her one.

10:53am You see, I was carrying both the gift bags, distributing gift/sweet on our way up.
11:07am Oh NO... we have to conquer this...
11:21am so far we have conquered...
12pm We finally arrived at Mountain View Lodge...

No comments: