12 APR 2006 WED (A) - NEPAL, POKHARA (SARANGKOT-TREK-DHAMPUS)

5am Woke up
5:30am Headed for Sarangkot Tower...
5:45am





6am
6am Just before leaving Sarangkot Tower (descending).
6:10am
6:15am

6:20am Back to Moutain View Lodge, ordered our breakfast and packed our belongings.

7am Breakfast (Cheese & Plain Pancake and Oats)
Milk Tea
7:30am Started our trek for the day.
8am Young chap collecting water.
8:05am I'm weak at ascending only... ("hao lian")
8:15am SHREE BAL PROBODHINI PRIMARY SCHOOL
8:55am
9am Me distributing sweets...
9:30am ST's old running shoes gave way, pressing hard after applying super glue.
9:30am
10:30am We had our lunch here, a simple eating house.
10:30am Lunch... Milk Tea
NEPALI BHOJ (down-to-earth type)
11am View from back door of the eating house.





We continued our trek from the back door of the eating house...
11:10am Just before descending to the forest.
11:15am Descending is easy for me ... BUT ...
... a bit tough for ST.
11:15am View from the forest...


11:20am
11:50am :( Ascending after crossing this bridge.


11:55am It's getting hot plus ascending, oh no...
Pemba must be worrying for me...
12:45pm Pemba carrying backpack for me again. We're left with very little drinking water. The sun blazed down on us. It's killing me, I stopped every so often to catch my breath. We passed by a school, I was so "chuan" and got no energy to distribute any sweets/gifts... Sorry, children...
1:35pm "chuan" ah... The last 1 hour was the toughest as I was exhausted, had finished my drinking water and the HOT sun was killing me.

2pm Completed the ascent, ST bought drinking water from a house, I gulped half a bottle.

2:30pm We finally made our way to Moon Light Guest House. Once checked-in, we collapsed on the bed, not wanting to move a single muscle anymore.

3:30pm We woke up, the door was widely opened. We were so exhausted that we did not even bother to close it before napping.

No comments: