09 FEB 2007 INDIA, from NASIK to MUMBAI to DELHI

Paid INR11,600 (about S$414) to the school for Jet Airways domestic flight from Mumbai to Delhi, SOOOOO EXPENSIVE! Haha I paid only S$345 for Air Sahara from Delhi to Singapore, arranged by ST in Singapore.
I knew I was overcharged! Last December, I checked zuji website, the exact flight & class only USD127 which is LESS THAN S$200! The school arranged for me via Pushpak Overseas & Tourism. I just do not wish to comment on this. Friends have commented that I'm being very naive to trust the school. To me it's fine. It's just my principle to give the basic trust to someone whom I think deserve my trust. I don't owe you if I've given you the basic trust. However if you choose to betray my trust, that is beyond my control and you have chosen to owe me, hahaha... Anyway it might be that the agent (Pushpak) had doubled the price, right? ;) haha pardon me for not being vigilant...... well that's me, 'bo bian' hahaha......

0545HR - taxi from school to office, INR300.
0630HR - shared taxi from office to Mumbai domestic airport, INR550.
1110HR - reached the domestic airport, checked in for BOM/DEL 1350/1545:
1143HR - took my late breakfast, veggie sandwich:
1320HR - just before switching off my mobile phone:
1714HR - my luggages (the flight took off more than 1 hour late, I was sleeping then, not sure what caused the delay)
6+pm - reached Hotel Mohan International (arranged by ST), ST was there waiting for me ;)
Gave the porter INR5 tip for pulling my trolley luggage. Guess what? he put it on the table and said that is of no value, ok lor too little refused to take la, just because ST got no change and gave him INR50 when she checked in. [guess what he did when we back in this hotel on 14FEB07 night?]
BTW, before my trip, I read some India Travel Guides that I borrowed from the library, some say INR5 and some say INR10 mininum.
7+pm - wanted to walk around to source for local agent for our traveling to Agra & Jaipur. Approached, at the reception, by the agent (Akshat Tours & Travels) who claimed that he owns this hotel and few hotels around the area. He brought us to his office which is about 5mins walk away.
8+pm - we settled for 6D5N tour [Jaipur (2N) + Pushkar (1N) + Agra (1N) + Delhi (1N)], paid USD500 for 2 for accommodation & private car (inclusive of toll n petrol).
2105HR - our dinner, ST said to celebrate my "kai zai" haha, ordered Chicken Karahi, Chicken Mushroom Noodles, Veggie Biryani, Tawa Roti and Onion Naan. Paid INR385 + tips INR15 (total about S$14) for this room service meal. When we checked against the Menu, the total should be about INR300! Haha this is the so-called Indian style, we have learnt and are more vigilant thereafter.
2230HR - So thoughtful of ST to bring me this BOOTS "Vitamin Recovery Mask". She bought this plus Body Butter and Deep Conditioning Hair Mask (which she handed me when we back in S'pore) for me while traveling. Quite good, biting initially but after washed off, feeling good n recharged!

No comments: