24 SEP 2011 SAT - 7th Formal Training [from MacRitchie to Bt Timah Hill] for OCT Nepal Trekking Trip

i was having mild sore throat on wed when i have the vaccination... then on thur the sore throat worsen, the condition improved after i took the 'allergy' med to treat my nose [heehee i refuse to admit i ever have sensitive nose... after stopping the kl business travels (after seeking dr lee advice)... i believe i have acted fast enough to prevent my nose from getting sensitive... no more waking up in the middle of the night with very dry throat in the sickening hotel room]... then on fri i'd runny nose... i dare not take the flu med as i am not sure if by doing so will defeat the purpose of the flu vaccination [the vaccination = injecting the virus (very little) into our body for our body to develop antibodies?]... so i just continue with the 'allergy' medication for my nose... guess the condition did improve a bit... so i was having runny nose for today's trek...

st was saying since i m having runny nose why not postpone today's trek... but i guess if i have runny nose during the trekking trip, i will still need to continue the trek... so no excuse for me to stop the training for today ;) [see... i can still trek with runny nose! previously when my 'nose was getting sensitive', i was like 3/4 dead whenever i had runny nose and it usually took me more than 2 weeks to get well... now the runny nose is not affecting me much... thank you to dr lee for the brilliant diagnosis and advice.]

we started at around 0837

0907 'bamboo forest'


1000



1006

1007

1019

1034 heehee i heart this 'mirror'
btw this is nothing new between us but i guess i have never mention in my blog lol... haha st was farting along the way after this pic, she said she only fart 'in front' of her family and me... haha we only do that 'in front' of close ones ;) we usually 'take turn' to fart during the training lol ;)

we covered [the pink route, distance 9.5km, approx walking time 4-5 hours, trail grade difficult ==> H A B C E F I Bukit Timah Nature Reserve] ==> we took less than 3 hours 0837-1115... then we continued to 'up' bt timah hill

we took the red route to 'up' bt timah hill... the initial up-slope was terrible... i had no much problem previously with this initial up-slope when we started from here... but today after 3 hours of trekking then continue with this initial up-slope was killing me... really 'siong'!
[the 'siong' was just for that moment but fast recovery as compared to my 1st training... guess i m building up my stamina...]

1146 me lying flat at summit hut the moment we reached here... very shiok... for the first time really feel lying down can be so shiok!

1151 heehee st pictured me 'lying flat' b4 we ended our break & continue with the trek

1152
hahaha my turn to fart while descending... we can really expelled gas besides perspired after a really good workout...
by 1213 we were down at the visitor centre

1235 replenishing energy with cold milo no ice at beauty world shopping centre mc

we remembered there is a very famous nonya eatery in bt timah plaza... i have not come to this place for so long, at least 7 years i think... not sure if the nonya eatery still there... so we tried our luck...

1300 lunch queuing [heehee st queuing la... me 'chopped' seats] at bt timah plaza #B1-K69 Nonya Delicatessen... the queue never ending one lor... the rice all sold out already

1312 my nonya laksa & lime juice... yum yum

No comments: