SEP 2006 - MY MISSING IN ACTION

Sorry for my missing in action last month …
Thank you for the concerns via SMSes & MSNs …
Last month was a hectic month for me, as promised:

01SEP06 FRI – My mama (XiaoBao 小宝) was hospitalized for 3 days because of sudden low blood sugar level, I was busy since then.
She had missed her daily morning walk for the past two days because of backache. That morning she was feeling better, wanna resume her morning walk, but it was drizzling, so she returned home. She wanna take her shower, the TV was showing Hokkien Opera, so she sat on the sofa to watch instead of taking her shower first. That’s where she lost her consciousness.
My papa (DaBao 大宝) came home, saw her sitting there, but she was unresponsive when he tried talking to her. DB called our family doctor, Dr Lee. Dr Lee suspected she had a stroke, suggested calling for an ambulance instead of him coming to treat her.
My sis-in-law (SIL) called to inform me and I called Dr Lee for a fax copy of XB’s daily medicine list. While waiting for the fax, SIL called again, the ambulance arrived and the medical officer confirmed XB’s unconsciousness because of low blood sugar, not stroke. She regained her consciousness shortly after the glucose drip. Phew… a great relief to me.
I took half day urgent leave, reached NUH at around 12pm. At around 1pm+, doctor confirmed keeping her hospitalized for observation for few days. I stayed there to handle and asked DB to get home first. I managed to get permission to ‘sneak’ in to A&E ward to see XB before going for my lunch. She cried the moment she saw me. I told the nurse XB was hungry and she said will serve her porridge.
When I came back to A&E ward after my lunch at around 3pm+, they had not served her anything! I quickly picked up a bun and was allowed to go into the A&E ward. The normal ward was then available at around 5pm. (Guess no food being served in A&E ward, do take note of this in case… touch wood.)

02SEP06 SAT – I arrived at NUH at around 10am, dun wanna miss the doctors… Left for my yoga class at around 1pm+ when my sis arrived to take over. (I pre-arranged with my 3 sisters to visit XB at different timings so that she won’t feel bored.)

03SEP06 SUN – Again, I arrived at NUH at around 10am… The doctor reduced XB’s Diabetic medicine dosage, commented that our family doctor is very good and alert, asked us to continue seeing our family doctor. XB was discharged at around 2pm.
This pic was taken at 1pm, she looked great & alert (so different from the day when I saw her in the A&E ward)

04SEP06 MON – Handed Dr Lee the NUH’s Letter, had a thorough discussion with him. He suspected XB had forgotten and took the medicine 2x, that’s why the sudden low blood sugar. He suggested me getting a Glucose-Meter, take measurement 3x a day.

05SEP06 TUE – Picked up the Glucose-Meter + Test Strip + Lancets + Alcohol Swab (about S$200) from SGH after my follow-up on my heel operation during lunch time. Attended yoga class at Serangoon Road after work. Went back my brother’s place at around 10pm to hand these to SIL, teach her the steps,…
(Lucky have SIL to take care of taking & recording the measurement and updating me as and when needed. Furthermore, SIL also accompany XB for her daily morning walk. That’s why I always tell XB she is so lucky to have such good daughter-in-law.)

Thereafter, monitoring XB’s sugar level, discussing with Dr Lee and adjusting the dosage.

Bought many little cubes to keep XB’s daily medicine so as to prevent her from over-taking. Dosage effective 15SEP06:

07SEP06 THUR – Noticed that my bracelet was missing at the beginning of yoga lesson (left hand holding right hand).

=( Lost my chain & pendant last December while washing at the basin.

=( Now lost my bracelet, dunno when & how.

=( My earrings, when? since they come in a set hahaha... (just 身外物)

08SEP06 FRI – Dinner with YL, told her what had happened, she said: “You still 'laugh'?”
I 'laugh' because:
* If not drizzling, XB will go for her morning walk and she might have fainted on the road.
* If TV not showing Hokkien Opera, XB will take her shower and she might have fainted in the bathroom.
* If DB din notice XB’s unconsciousness, din act fast enough, XB might have become vegetable, or ...
* If XB got stroke, not low blood sugar, guess I won’t be blogging now.

I am trained to 在不幸中, 找大幸 after so many years of …
Those who know me well enough said “I know you 'laugh', not 'cry'.”

22SEP06 FRI My sis had an operation to rectify her JAN06 operation…

30SEP06 SAT – Course break, no Yoga class this afternoon. Went for my hair rebonding (S$130).
See my before & after pics:

1 comment:

Danny, Cindy & Chloe KWEK said...

so many things happened, m glad u take things positively in your stride.. always agree being anxious can never resolve issues.. stay bubbly as ever..