12 OCT 2011 WED – Nepal D07a [ABC D03a Ghorepani – Poon Hill - Ghorepani]

Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Day 03 of 12 (Part 1 of 2)

Ghorepani 2850m – Poon Hill 3210m - Ghorepani 2850m

Ghorepani… rise before dawn… about 1 hour’s climb to Poon Hill… watch sun rise over the Himalaya (we stayed at Poon Hill for about 1 hour 15 minutes)… about 45 minutes down to Ghorepani

was suggested... very cold... put on your cap, if not cover your head with scarf... very cold... wear more... i blindly followed these suggestions, forgotten the fact that 'i am by nature a warm person'... so my head covered with scarf... my hands with gloves... besides undergarments, i'd long john, outer pants for bottom and long-sleeve tee, thick wool jacket followed by outer jacket for top... suffocating lor... plus the before dawn trek, i usually take a while to warm up in the morning, not to mention this ascent before dawn...

... when more and more people overtook me, i suggested st to ascend ahead of me in case i dragged her from seeing the sunrise... so amir accompanied st to ascend at st's pace while yuba accompanied me ascending at my pace... so hot and suffocating... i was only feeling better when i removed my headlamp and scarf... i also realised that i do not need the trekking pole, it's a nuisance...

... though very uncomfortable, i really appreciated this experience... if not i would not be 'enlightened' to go according to my pace and condition... to remove all the unnecessary attachments... nobody knows me as well as i do... i know best my body condition, 'i am by nature a warm person'... i can't possibly apply the general keep warm guidelines on myself blindly... my legs are strong, i can balance my body well with just the swinging of my arms, by holding the trekking pole, my arms cannot function to their max lol...
[i hung up my trekking pole after poon hill]

... so with this uncomfortable experience... i learnt that i have to take charge of myself in my way instead of following the general guidelines blindly... just like doing yoga, everyone is unique, do at your own pace, your level best... do not compare... ;) ... there are endless suggestions out of goodwill, take them positively, review and only apply those applicable ones ;) this is NOT a place to compete, to assess how fast or how slow you trekked, to conclude how strong or how weak you are,... it is meaningless to do such in trekking trip... just enjoy every single moments at your pace :)

... without this 'enlightenment', i guess i would not have enjoyed the rest of my trip as much as i'd enjoyed... and the rest of my trip would not be so smooth :) so blessed :)

... this poon hill trip is indeed a fruitful one...... hahaha my path to enlightenment ;)

0558 view captured by st

0604 view captured by st

0605 view captured by st

i reached poon hill at around 0605... guess i did not miss much :)

0606

0612

0613

0613

0613

0615

0616

0617

0618

0618

0619

0621

0622

0623

0624

0637 not cold la... i covered my head with scarf because my hair rather wet and the pic without scarf not nice lor lol

0647

0648

0649

0650

0651

0652

0654

0657

0718 before descending...

0721

No comments: